|Number in Series:||3||Disney Parks/Cruises Mentioned:||EPCOT (Main Park), Magic Kingdom (Briefly), Animal Kingdom (Menntioned), Hollywood Studios (Second Main Park)|
With the adventures set forth in the first books now behind them, Kingdom Keepers 3: Disney In Shadow follows the five teens, Finn, Philby, Willa, Charlene, and Maybeck as they search to find Wayne, their mentor and head Imagineer who has mysteriously gone missing. Concerned Wayne has been abducted by the Overtakers – Disney villains, who along with other Disney characters, take over the parks when the turnstiles stop spinning, and want desperately to steer the parks to a far darker place – the five kids pick up a major clue from a close friend, Jess, whose dreams (nightmares, really) often accurately predict the future.
The very few clues from Jess’s dream lead the kids into Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Epcot–through imaginary worlds that become real, by imaginary kids who are real. Each clue seems tied to the last, and with the stakes growing ever higher, what starts out as a puzzle ends up as a fight for their lives. Through a transparent paper box, a quest for a sword, rides on Soarin’ and Maelstrom, life-and-death encounters with giant snakes, and a devious Maleficent, the Kingdom Keepers not only begin to decipher deeper meanings to the clues, but discover new truths about themselves and their ever-growing friendships.
- Maleficent- The main villain in this book.
- Trolls- Attacked Maybeck and Philby at Maelstrom and Charlene at Wonders.
- Viking and Son- Attacked Charlene at Wonders.
- Foo Lions- Attacked Charlene at Wonders
- Stone Age Man and Son- Seen patrolling Wonders of Life with the Viking father and Son and Gigabyte.
- Crash Test Dummies- Seen Patrolling World Showcase and persuing Finn, Maybeck and Philby at Wonders.
- Jesters- Seen gauding France by Charlene and Jess and persued Finn, Maybeck and Philby at Wonders.
- Gargoyle- Attacked Jess, Willa and Charlene at Wonders.
- Stitch- Persued Maybeck and Finn in Tom Sawyer Island
- Pirates- Persued Maybeck and Finn on Tom Sawyer Island
- Mr Potato Head- Mentioned by security that he likes jiggling doors.
- Tigger and Ursula- Mentioned by Security to be snooping around backstage with Tigger following Ursula.
- Mrs Whitman- Helped Finn. Philby and Willa with Wayne's cryptogram.
- Mrs Philby- Took Philby to the Hospital, after discovering him in SBS, which was causing his DHI form to suffer badly from drugs.
- Wanda- First seen stalking Finn and the other Keepers, Wanda helped the Keepers turn Jess and Amanda into DHIs and owned her father's keys so could get anywhere.
- Wayne- After discovering what the Overtakers where up to, Wayne was kidnapped by them.
- Greg Luowski- The school bully.