|Number in Series:||1||Disney Parks/Cruises Mentioned:||Magic Kingdom (Main Park), Hollywood Studios (Briefly) Animal Kingdom (Mentioned)|
In this fantastical thriller, five young teeens tapped as models for theme park "guides" find themselves pitted against Disney villains and witches who threaten both the future of Walt Disney World and the stability of the world outside its walls. Using a cutting-edge technologycalled DHI-which stands for both Disney Host Interactive and Daylight Hologram Imaging-Finn Whitman, an Orlando teen, and four other kids are transformed into hologram projections that guide guests through the Park. However, the new technology turns out to have unexpected effects that are both thrilling and scary. Soon, Finn finds himself transported in his DHI form into the Magic Kingdom at night. Is it real? Is he dreaming?
Fiin's confusion only increases when he encounters Wayne, an elderly Imagineer who tells him that the Park is in grave danger. Led by the scheming witch Maleficent, a mysterious grop od characters called the Overtakers is plotting to destroy Disney's beloved realm, and maybe more.
This gripping high-tech tale will thrill every kid who has ever dreamed of snaking into Walt Disney World after hours and wonderedwhat happens at night, when the Park is closed.
- Maleficent- The main villain and enemy to the Keepers, Maleficent possess many powers at her disposal.
- Blackbeard & Pirates- The Pirates are used by the Overtakers as 'Worker Bees' in their evil plans.
- Small World Dolls - These happy dolls turned evil at night when they atacked the Keepers.
- Dinosaur Skeleton- Attacked Finn and Philby at Big Thunder Mountain.
- Jezebel- Not an actual Overtaker, Jez was under Maleficent's spell and would do her every order.
- Goofy, Tom Sawyer and Chip & Dale- Seen by Finn walking past Cinderella Castle.
- Pooh and Piglet- Seen by Finn walking past The Jungle Cruise.
- Dillard- A close to friend of Finn's, Dillard helps Finn look after Charlene and Amanda when they're unconcious.
- Wayne- The Keepers mentor and designer. He knew Walt Disney personaly and was the only one who knew the Stonecutter's Quill story.
- Amanda- Finn's new best friend that helps the Keepers on several occasions
- Brad - He helped create the DHIs and gave Finn the names of the other DHIs schools.
Kingdom Keepers: Kingdom Keepers I: Disney after Dark | Kingdom Keepers II: Disney at Dawn | Kingdom Keepers III: Disney in Shadow | Kingdom Keepers IV: Power Play | Kingdom Keepers V: Shell Game | Kingdom Keepers VI: Dark Passage | KK7